Sunday, July 25, 2010

Of Empty Classrooms & Making a Difference..

Dear Friends,
Taking this opportunity of the Auspicious Day of Guru Pournima I intend to shed my garb of procastrination and laziness and be active on the blog.
Now it would be anybody's case to question this peculiarly pessimistic title of the initial blog.
But I would unabashedly admit this (the one in the accompanying picture) is the exact kind of response I got to one of my lectures which did 2 things to me.For one,it burst my inflated ego as an accomplished teacher and secondly it set me thinking....Where can I go an extra mile to generate interest in the students so that they take an additional step and make it a satisfying and memorable journey for all of us.
And then it dawned upon me to start a blog where besides being a totally interactive modality, it gives more time and freedom to share my clinical experiences with you.
"DIFFERENCE" here basically implies making a difference to me as a teacher....learning from my mistakes and your queries... and to you as students ...getting to see more of clinical cases in a visual form.
So hoping to see you regularly here...
Signing out for now...
Dr. Amol S. Khale.

4 comments:

  1. Amol sir you are one of d best teachers in our college!! I remember that you were among the very few teachers whose lectures we all made it a point to attend...If our juniors are not attending your lectures they dont know what they are missing....

    ReplyDelete
  2. i agree..sir's lectures are of benefit to all the students from the average to even the ones who study a lot..especially when he shares clinical inputs..unlike in certain colleges where teachers neglect average students,sir remembers each student independently and gives personal attention to everyone..thank you sir..

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah...thats absolutely true.
    n sir this blog is an amazing idea...coz i guess in the medical field clinical experience makes a really big difference...
    thanks a million sir for going out of the way to teach us :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. waiting for e-classroom to start. . that wont b empty for sure. .

    ReplyDelete